A first-person account of the 2010 Olympic Games from Whistler!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Medal Count

As we get closer to the end of the Games, a lot of discussion is moving toward the medal count. I'm interested to hear your opinions about this measure and what you think about measuring just gold medals or overall medals. Currently, the US is leading in the overall count and we are in a close race with the total number of gold medals.

Do you think it matters that we count the number of medals each country wins?

Look forward to hearing from you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I strongly dislike the medal counts. It seems like all the athletes are just proud to be there competing. I think of the smaller countries especially, their athletes may or may not have any chance at getting on the podium, but does it really matter?

February 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Margret said...

I don't think that the medals are the most important thing, but they definitely matter. The Olympics are a competition among athletes from different countries, and the medals are a symbol of their achievement. Obviouly, some countries have more resources than others, but that makes it really impressive when an athlete from Latvia or Croatia medals (or, as they say in Canadian, "podiums").
Thanks for the great updates, Robyn!

February 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home